I’ve been reflecting a lot on age lately, and although I am not the oldest person in the world… I feel like i’ve gotten to a point where i can look back, and see a handful of things that i would have told myself, if given the opportunity.
1. The things that you are getting in trouble for now, will be what you are sought after for in the future.
Let me tell ya, the number one thing I used to get in trouble with the most was… Talking. And over the years, working the industry as a beautician, let me tell ya, you have to learn how to talk to your clients, just as much as you need to learn how to provide them with the service.
Before going into beauty school, the other option I was weighing was going to radio and broadcasting school, and although I still think that I would have been great at that too, I see how life has worked out for my good, and although I don’t work full time in either of those career’s, I see how the path I have taken has brought me to where I am at now.
2. Quality over quantity, in all areas of life.
Quality relationships first and foremost. I used to have the most random group of friends. And although, there is no mould for someone to fit, in order to be my friend… I used to consider anyone as a friend, just due to the fact that they would listen to my rambles. But as times got tough, you really see who sticks it there by your side.
… also, quality clothing, and quality make up, invest in that ish. What’s the point of you blowing your money on something that is just gonna crap out on you.
3. Get Into the habit of exercising - seriously. At this moment in time, I am totally avoiding a work out, that could have been done already. Your body won’t always be able to be relied on. So take care of it, and get moving.
- Learn to love to learn. Learning is actually so cool. You just have to find the things that you are interested in. Don’t let a label be put on yourself on what you can or cannot do. Or what disadvantages you may or may not be entering a situation with. You have no problem learning, you just need to find something that you actually like to learn about.
- Travel more… responsibility is coming.
- Love anyways. It’ll hurt, and it will be lonely. But, love anyways.
If given the opportunity, what would be some of the things that you would tell your younger self ?