Call it a curse but... I love my city, I really do, but I literally URGE to get out of Edmonton.
Yet it seems to be, anyone whom i grow close with, moves away... And the more that they move away, it seems to be the more I am stuck here lol.
I had the good old privilege of hanging with my good old chummy Chauncey yesterday, and oh, how i've missed him!
Chauncey has been away serving at YWAM Kona, and although I saw him just this past Christmas, it's always so great to have him back in the YEG !
And you know what, it always baffles me, the reminder I get, when i get to visit with certain friend's that offer such an amazing sense of community. I mean, it shouldn't be that surprising however, it still sometimes catches me off guard at how refreshed i am after having a good hang sesh with a great pal!
For me, having a good sense of community in my life is so important, because they can offer you so much support. Especially, sometimes, if you don't have family to rely on, your friends fill in that role, and do i dare say to they can often fill that void - At least, I know that is a big part of the role in my life, that my friends play.
Nevermind the fact, that the bible touches on the friends that you have in your life so many times ! Check these verses out !
1. Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
2. Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
3. Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
4. Proverbs 17:17 A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.
5. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better than one because together they have a goodreward for their hard work. If one falls, the other can help his friend get up. But how tragic it is for the one who is all alone when he falls. There is no one to help him get up.
6. Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
7. Proverbs 11:14 Without wise leadership, a nation is in trouble; but with good counselors there is safety.
8. Proverbs 27:9 Ointments and perfume encourage the heart; in a similar way, a friend’s advice is sweet to the soul.
9. Proverbs 24:6 For through wise counsel you will wage your war, and victory lies in an abundance of advisors.
10. Proverbs 28:23 Whoever rebukes a man will later on find more favor than someone who flatters with his words.
11. Proverbs 27:5 Open criticism is better than hidden love.
12. Proverbs 27:6 You can trust what your friend says, even when it hurts. But your enemies want to hurt you, even when they act nice.
13. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing.
14. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
15. Proverbs 16:29 A violent person entices their neighbor and leads them down a path that is not good.
16. Psalm 26:4-5 I did not sit with liars, and I will not be found among hypocrites. I have hated the mob of evildoers and will not sit with wicked people.
17. Psalm 1:1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
18. Proverbs 22:24-25 Do not be a friend of one who has a bad temper, and never keep company with a hothead, or you will learn his ways and set a trap for yourself.
19. 1 Corinthians 5:11 Now, what I meant was that you should not associate with people who call themselves brothers or sisters in the Christian faith but live in sexual sin, are greedy, worship false gods, use abusive language, get drunk, or are dishonest. Don’t eat with such people.
20. John 15:13 No one has greater love than this—that one lays down his life for his friends.
Although, this was a short, but very sweet catch up with a dear friend... I was left feeling so encouraged, and can't wait til the day we get to hang again ! Can't wait to see what God's got in store for you Chaunce, I know it's going to be great !